Hi, I'm Henry.
Student - Software Engineer - Entrepreneur - Chipotle Addict
Thanks for visiting my site! Unfortunately, I have not yet optimized this site for mobile users 😞 . Hop on a desktop for the best viewing experience
I am a student in the CSB program (Canfield Computer Science and Business Honors) at The University of Texas at Austin.
I am interested in software development👨💻, entrepreneurship💼, and blockchain/crypto⛓.
I worked this summer as a SWE intern at Coinbase 👔 and I am currently the CTO of Scraps🎶.
In my free time I enjoy weightlifting🏋️♀️, cooking👨🍳, and hiking🌲.
- Spearheaded the development of a marketplace for music project files and publishing rights, enabling artists to monetize their discarded music
- Leading a team consisting of one full-time developer and three interns in creating a dynamic and intuitive user experience for buyers and sellers alike that includes a catalog, seller profiles, seller dashboard, and integrated payment system
- Developed a full stack internal application to allow non-engineers to view staking program metadata and user eligibility in a user- friendly UI
- Reduced staking eligibility customer support case times by 26%
- Spearheaded the development of the NEWM Artist Portal, a web app that enables artists to mint their music as fractionalized NFTs and manage their content
- Mentored two development interns as the internship program manager (alongside my development tasks)
- Joined as an intern. Promoted to junior dev. Promoted again to front-end engineer
- Assisted in both front and back-end development of an online auction platform using C#, Blazor, and .NET Core
- Followed TDD (test-driven development) methodologies and wrote unit and functional tests using Selenium and NUnit
- Served as a conduit between senior executives, internal creative and design resources, and an outside web development agency.
- Organized and managed the development pipeline using Asana and wrote acceptance criteria for new features to be sent to the development team
- Audited new features through QA testing
- Built a consumer electronics business with customers nationwide and scaled it to over $400 in revenue per day
- Outsourced tasks like photo/video advertisement and content creation, corresponded with manufacturers, ran social media and email marketing campaigns, tracked finances, managed customer service, fulfilled orders, and optimized SEO.
- Sold the business to Bloom Concepts in September 2020.
- Created an interactive data visualization app for energy power trading to identify trends in wind, solar, geothermal, and hydroelectric energy data.
- Collected, destructured, analyzed, and joined large amounts of data using Python.
- Designed models and floor plans using AutoCAD, Revit Autodesk, and SketchUp.
- Contributed to a house design that won the “complete the community: a housing and urban design competition”.
- • Developed a working site map for Houston Baptist University
- Designed and rendered an altar table for St. Martin's Episcopal Church.
- Constructed building models for client presentations
Bachelor of Business Administration, Canfield Business Honors Program
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science Honors
Awards: National Merit Scholar - National Honor Society - Autrey Scholar’s Award - National Society of High School Scholars - Eagle Scout
Frameworks/Libraries:.NET Core GraphQL ReTool React.JS Redux Material UI Blazor Selenium Pandas NumPy Plotly Dash
Other:AutoCAD Revit Autodesk SketchUp Facebook Ads Shopify
Aptitudes:Future Focused Solution-Oriented Fast Learner Self-disciplined (via YouScience Assessment)
Data Structures & Algorithms / Python / Pygame
Pathfinding Algorithm Visualizer
This project does exactly what it sounds like it does - visualizes algorithms. It utilizes an unweighted and undirected grid as the graph that the algorithm traverses. Click anywhere to place the start node, and click a second time to place the end node. After the start and end nodes have been placed, clicking will create a "wall" node (a node that is not traversable by the algorithms). Chose from the dropdown to select an algorithm, press start, and watch the magic happen.
Blockchain / Solidity / React.JS
A cryptocurrency exchange to buy and sell $ETH (Ether) and $CRCO (Chrono Coin). Connects to the Metamask wallet. Built with React.JS, Solidity, Truffle, and Web3.JS.
Data Science / Python / Pandas / Dash
Data Visualization App
Interactive data visualization app for energy/power trading. Displays wind, solar, and other energy data. Created to show the growth trends categorized by prime movers.
PONG (with a twist)
A web-based two-player PONG game with multiple levels. As the game progresses, obstacles appear on the PONG board. As your score increases, the ball's speed progressively gets faster and the obstacles get more and more challenging to beat. Includes a sign in/logout feature utilizing local storage.
Generative art NFT collection
Electrical Engineering / C++ / Fritzing / Arduino
I've built various Arduino/Microcontroller devices. This one is a handheld Arduino asteroids game built with C++, a MAX72XX LED-Matrix display, two micro switches as buttons and an active buzzer for sound effects.
Java / Genetic Algorithms
A tetris desktop application built using Java. After creating the game itself, I made a genetic algorithm that plays the game without any human input. This genetic algorithm simulates natural selection to find the most optimal placements of the tetris pieces.
See my other projects on Github
Chief Architect / Clear Measure
Henry was certainly granted the god-given gift of coding. Throughout every assignment, Henry was FAST. Software development does take time, but his speed and accuracy was impressive. I’m a leader in the software industry myself, speaking at national conferences, an author of 4 software books, and a recipient of numerous industry awards, and I recognize Henry’s potential to become one of the top tier of software engineers in the industry.
Vice President / Original Nations
Henry was proactive, reliable, diligent in his follow up, and required little supervision. Whenever I tasked him with a project, I knew his work would be completed accurately and on time. From my first interview with him through his final day, I was impressed with his professionalism and attention to detail. In addition, his friendly and courteous demeanor made him a favorite on our team from the beginning.
Senior Quantitative Researcher / Squarepoint Capital
Principal / Jackson Ryan Architects
Thanks for taking the time to learn about me 😊.
Link to site source code